4/21/11

365 / 2011

blog

I first heard about the 365 Project many years ago on Flickr (Flickr is a photo-based web community where you can share photos, receive feedback, be inspired, and make some photo friends.) The 365 Project is basically this: take one photo a day. That is all. There are no other rules or guidelines. It can be a photo of a person, a thing, or an event. It can be a photo of something from that day or it can be an artistic photo that you took that day. It is entirely up to the photographer, as long as you take one a day.

I am a big believer in documentation and recording your life. I have kept some form of a journal since the 6th grade, so when I heard this idea, I was immediately intrigued.

I have tried completing the 365 Project in years past, and haven't been successful. Usually, things get busy and it gets put on the back burner.

Well, I decided to try the project again this year, and so far so good. As of today, I have kept up with the project and I haven't missed a day.

I have been sharing the project on my personal Facebook page, and that has truly helped hold me accountable. Knowing that people are aware of the project helps to keep me on track.

After starting this project for 2011, I found this amazing article online: He Took a Polaroid Every Day, Until the Day He Died. How amazing is that? Photographer Jamie Livingston took a photo every single day for 18 years, up until the day he died. This is so inspiring to me. What an awesome thing for his family to look back on and what a unique family keepsake. I just love things like this. So I have decided to continue this project as long as it is fun for me. If or when it stops being fun, I will stop - but until then, I will continue the project as long as I can.

Every single day of your life counts. Each day connects months and the months connect years. I know not every day is amazing. Not every day is good. Not every day is something I might want to remember...but they all count. All of those bad days remind us why the good ones are so fabulous. I have learned from those bad days. I have found some strength I didn't know I had on those bad days. I couldn't imagine life without bad. It sounds great...but it would never work. And honestly, when I look back on days that I thought were the end of the world at the time they were happening - I realize they weren't as bad as I thought.

So here is to all days.
Good and bad.
Amazing and mundane.
Fun and boring.
They are all getting the spotlight with this project. And I hope when I look back at the finished project (whenever that might be), it makes me happy.
That is my goal.

A

4 COMMENTS!:

Jenny Haas April 22, 2011 at 4:26 PM  

I love this! I wish I could actually follow through with doing it :)

Anonymous April 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

wow when you put them all together like this it is amazing. Proud of you for sticking with it, i know you are busy woman. you are very talented & creative lil mama. I look forward to seeing what the rest of year has is store.
Kelli

Anonymous April 22, 2011 at 9:25 PM  

I have enjoyed your pictures. I look forward them. Its not always the picture that catches my eye. It is sometimes the power of the statement following it. Either way, I love it. I agree that putting them together is amazing. I can only imagine the story it tells, which makes it all the more meaningful, even to the viewer.
Kathy

.E. April 23, 2011 at 6:53 PM  

these are amazing.. great job with this

Contact Info

Amber & Rob Garrett
lookherephotography@mac.com

Blog Archive

WHO ARE WE?

- Husband & Wife photography team
- Friends since high school
- Proud parents to Phoenix (a 11 yr. old weeman)
- Born in Greenville
- Amber is 31
- Rob is 32
- Both love music
- Both love coffee
- Rob takes his black
- Amber takes lots of sugar / cream
- Rob is obsessed w/ movies
- Amber is obsessed with scrapbooking and graphic design
- Rob plays guitar & drums
- Amber likes to sing
- Rob writes screenplays
- Amber writes journals
- They both adore photography
- Telling stories through still frames
- Capturing moments forever
- Whether it is for their own family, or others




  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP